Denham Cricket Club Ltd (The Club) is committed to ensuring all Children (i.e all persons under the age of 18 ) participating in cricket have a safe and positive experience.
We will do this by:
• Recognising all children participating in cricket (regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ability or disability) have the right to have fun and be protected from harm in a safe environment
• Ensuring individuals working within cricket at, or for, our club provide a welcoming,safe, and fun experience for children
• Adopting and implementing the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) “Safe Hands – Cricket’s Policy for Safeguarding Children” and “ Club Inclusion and Diversity Policy” and any future versions of these.
• Appointing a Club Welfare Officer and ensuring attendance at all current and future training modules required by the ECB
• Ensuring all people who work in cricket at, or for, our club (such as staff, officials,volunteers, team managers, coaches and so on) have a responsibility for safeguarding children, and understand how the “Safe Hands Policy” applies to them
• Ensuring all individuals working within cricket at, or for, the club are recruited and appointed in accordance with ECB guidelines and relevant legislation
• Ensuring all individuals working within cricket at, or for, the club are provided with support, through education and training, so they are aware of, and can adhere to, good practice and Code of Conduct guidelines defined by the ECB and the club
• Ensuring the name and contact details of the Club Welfare Officer is available:
- As the first point of contact for parents, children and volunteers/staff within the club
- As a local source of procedural advice for the club, its committee and members
- As the main point of contact within the club for the ECB County Welfare Officer and the ECB Safeguarding Team, and
- As the main point of contact within the club for relevant external agencies in connection with child safeguarding
Ensuring correct and comprehensive reporting procedures exist for raising and managing child safeguarding concerns.
• Providing an environment where the views of children, parents and volunteers are sought and welcomed on a range of issues. This will help us create an environment where people have the opportunity to voice any concerns (about possible suspected child abuse/neglect, and/or about poor practice) to the Club Welfare Officer, Martin Tomlinson.
*Details of the County Welfare Officer will be made available, in case the Club Welfare Officer is unavailable, or the concern relates to the Club Welfare Officer.
• Ensuring all suspicions concerns and allegations are taken seriously and dealt with swiftly and appropriately
• Ensuring access to confidential information relating to child safeguarding matters is restricted to those who need to know in order to safeguard children – including the Club Welfare Officer and the appropriate external authorities, such as the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO), as specified within ECB child safeguarding procedures
Click here to edit text
Denham Cricket Club Ltd
Company registered in England and Wales
Registration number 08357382
Registered office:74 Lower Road,