DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD, in all
its activities, is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity
in cricket, and to ensuring that its employees, members and all other
individuals working or volunteering for DENHAM CRICKET LTD, and participating
in or watching DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD’s activities are treated fairly and are
able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or
- DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD, in all its activities will
not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably against on the
grounds of age, gender, disability, race, parental or marital status,
pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
- DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD will not tolerate
harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of individuals.
- DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD will endeavour to create
access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate, and
are lawfully eligible to participate, in its activities.
- DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD will ensure that it
complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all
reasonable steps to ensure that its employees, members and volunteers adhere to
these requirements and this policy.
- This policy is fully supported by DENHAM CRICKET
CLUB LTD's officers and management committee who are responsible for the
implementation of this policy.
DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD is committed to the
investigation of any claims when brought to its attention, of discrimination,
harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, and reserves the
right to impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate,
where such is found to be the case.
- In the event that any employee, member, volunteer,
participant or spectator feels that he has suffered discrimination, harassment,
bullying, abuse or victimisation, they should report the matter in writing to
the management committee of DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD.
- Any such report should include: details of what
occurred; when and where the occurrence took place; any witness details and
copies of any witness statements.
- If the accused individual is an employee, the
management committee will regard the issue as a disciplinary issue and will
follow DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD's
employment disciplinary procedure.
- If the accused individual is a non-employee, the
- may decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or
dismiss the complaint without holding a hearing;
- may (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at
which both parties will be entitled to attend and present their case;
- will have the power to impose any one or more of
the following sanctions on any person found to be in breach of any policy: (a)
warn as to future conduct; (b) suspend from membership; (c) remove from
membership; (d) exclude a non-member from the facility, either temporarily or
permanently; and (e) turn down a non-member’s current and/or future membership
- will provide both parties with written reasons for
- A party may appeal a decision of the management
committee to the relevant County Cricket board by writing to the relevant
County Cricket Board within 3 months of DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD’s decision
being notified to that party.
- If the nature of the complaint is with regard to
the management committee of DENHAM CRICKET CLUB LTD, the complainant may report
the complaint directly to the relevant County Cricket Board.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by DENHAM
CRICKET CLUB LTD in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board